Worker Roles & Tasks
provide help and support through lived experience via:
- Mutuality- working together
- Authenticity – be transparent and genuine
- Shared Responsibility/Risk – defining responsibilities, encouraging healthy risks
- Connection – human and empathic
- Contact Information
- Role Definition
- Duty to Warn
- Continuity of Care
- Activity Log
- General conversation (how to refer to each other in community).
- Continuity of Care: Inside with Team
- Confidentiality: Not outside with others
- Duty to Warn: client states intent to harm self, others, vulnerable populations: children/older adults.
- Significant Information: relevant to client care
- Appropriate: aids client in re-assessing their situation through connection. Lets client know they are not alone, provides hope of recovery, reduce distance, illustrate options
- Inappropriate: not client-focused, client becomes therapist.
- CM: Confidentiality Maintained
- CB: Confidentiality Breached
- CMI: Confidentiality Maintained Inappropriately
Three Key Components To A Volunteer Plan:
- Personal Factors: ideas, important values, likes and dislikes, existing sills, talents and abilities
- Goals: learning new things, feeling better about self, building confidence, work experience, etc
- Individual Support: discovery, preparation, orientation, learn transportation routes, accompaniment,
- develop reliability, make conversation, learn assertiveness, effective social/work engagement.